|Creating safer access to a quarry crusher bowl and reducing working at height risks
Cauldon Work’s quarry maintenance teams have a requirement to periodically enter the primary crusher bowl to carryout inspections, cleaning and maintenance.
Where possible systems have been put in place to reduce the need to do this however the requirement cannot be totally eliminated. Historically a ‘Fall from Height Risk Assessment’ & ‘Working at Height Permit’ had to be issued to enable any work to be carried out, this also involved employees having to wear fall arrest/restraint equipment.
The solution to this problem was the construction of a safety guard rail assembly that can be lowered into place when entry into the crusher bowl is required.
• The guard rail assembly can quickly and easily be installed
• Maintenance operatives no longer required to wear fall arrest and restraint equipment
• Reduced risks associated with the need for scaffolding to be erected
• Reduces risk regarding slips/trips/fall, manual handling, stored energy (falling materials)
• Reduced production downtime.