|Bitumen delivery controls
|Tarmac Central’s team at Caldon Low Quarry near Stoke-on-Trent have evolved a comprehensive new system for controlling bitumen storage and delivery.
Key elements include:
• locked off delivery pipes with key only available from control cabin
• drip tray incorporates slide rails so that it can be moved and emptied by fork-lift rather than manually
• parking of delivery vehicles controlled to allow unobstructed access to emergency shower
• high-level audible and visual alarms with camera to allow plant operator to monitor driver during
• delivery procedures clearly posted at delivery site with fire extinguishers for emergency use.