- Preventing injuries arising from unsupervised quarry entry
The Stay Safe campaign is to raise awareness amongst younger children, teenagers, parents, teachers and youth workers about the dangers of entering quarries uninvited and unsupervised. The key message of the campaign is to "Stay Safe...Stay Out of quarries".
The campaign includes
- Publication of free resources for use by industry, teachers and others
- Programme of school and quarry visits to help raise awareness
- Sharing information and providing guidance to quarry operators on best practice
- Liaising with other stakeholders and industries seeking to protect the public
- Running the annual media campaigns to raise awareness of the hazards
- Regular reminders to operators to check fencing and warning signs around their quarries
Please visit the stay safe website, the facebook campaign page and watch video that supports the campaign by clicking on the buttons on the right.
Follow this link to the MPA's 'Guidelines for the management of public safety on MPA members' operational and non-operational sites'.