|Manual handling improvements programme
|Recognising the hazards that go with manual handling, this quarry near Colwyn Bay in North Wales has instigated a raft of measures that include:
• purchase of vacuum cleaning system to avoid spadework in restricted spaces in crushing plant
• use of light, wheeled welding screen
• modified engine hoist to remove electric motors from store where there is no fork-lift access
• installed travelling gantry to handle 205-litre oil drums
• charging primary crusher bearing with grease using pumped system.