|Independent haulier safety training and DVD
CEMEX has developed a 45 minute, interactive training session comprising of a hard hitting, 20 minute video and some discussion points. The interactive package is designed to encourage open discussion and to help the independent haulier’s challenge their perceptions about the management of road risks.
The video shows drivers sharing their experiences following serious road traffic collisions and the effects this had on the drivers, colleagues, managers and their families. It challenges attitudes towards risk taking and a driver’s behaviour. It encourages drivers not to take risks on the road and to be observant of their surroundings at all times. The sessions asks 3 main questions;
1. What / where are the risks of driving?
2. What are the consequences of getting safety wrong?
3. What would you say / do to keep your child safe in the job.
• Improved road safety across all drivers
• Better educated fleet of drivers about road risks
• Better awareness of the potential consequences of their actions
• Part of an integrated suite of training
• Reduced risk of injury to drivers and other road users.