EPC-UK, as an operator of two upper tier COMAH sites, has to ensure that its contractors and sub-contractors work to the highest standards. In addition to a contractor approval system prior to work commencing and supervision during the task, EPC-UK has introduced an evaluation of the contractor’s work following completion. This assesses the contractor’s safety, environmental and quality performance. The review is carried out by a member of EPC-UK management team with a representative from the contractor at a formal, on-site meeting.
At an annual meeting, feedback is given to the contractor on their level of performance over the last twelve month period, combining and averaging individual project scores.
The following criteria are used to rate the contractor’s overall performance:-
- The overall safety performance of the contractor
- The overall performance of the contractor’s personnel on site
- The contractor’s adherence to overall work processes and procedures
- Did the completed work meet the standard required by EPC-UK?
- Did the contractor complete the work within the specified time period?
- Did the contractor complete the work within budget?
- Did the contractor ensure that PPE was available and worn?
- Was the equipment used by the contractor tested and certified?
0% to 20% - automatic removal from the approved contractors list
21% to 40% -agreed improvements required to remain on the approved contractors list
41% to 60% - meets the minimum EPC-UK requirements but improvements can still be made
61% to 80% - meets, and in some areas, exceeds the minimum expectations of EPC-UK.
81% to 100% - exemplary performance.
- Contractors receive on-going feedback on performance
- Contractors have opportunity to learn and improve performance
- Formal system ensures standard of contractors used by EPC-UK is improving
- Work can be allocated to most effective and safest contractors
- A safer environment for all