Stanton Bonna Concrete Ltd noticed some unsafe practices undertaken by site contractors when lifting concrete road gullies. Further research established that there was no recognised, safe, site specific, lifting equipment on the market for gullies.
Following some in-house design work, the services of a local engineering company were engaged to make a working proto type. After the first prototype, SBC engaged the services of Probst UK, which completed the required stress calculations confirmed the ‘Gully Hook’ could be manufactured. Probst made a few test lifters for on-site trials. These tests proved very successful but modifications were made to allow the gullies to be picked up from the laid down position.
- Gully hook is simple with no moving parts
- Ideal for use in harsh environment of construction site
- Lifting and handling much easier and safer
- Quicker than traditional methods
- Industry wide lifting hazard minimised