FINALIST - Health and wellbeing
Imerys Minerals Ltd (IML) recognised the value of maintaining the health and wellbeing of its employees and its ability to deliver improved individual and organisational performance.
Monitoring of employee medicals and referrals to occupational health showed that in 2019, 17 % of all referrals were related to mental health. In 2020 and 2021, the impact of Covid-19 increased this.
IML decided to launch a mental health and wellbeing campaign with objectives to :
- Improve the health and wellbeing of its UK workforce
- Prevent illness and injury whether work-related or otherwise
- Respond early and proactively when health problems arise – ensuring that necessary interventions are readily available
- Educate the workforce on various wellbeing topics to help them make appropriate lifestyle choices
- Ensure that appropriate rehabilitation support and workplace adaptations are available to facilitate return to work as soon as possible
- Promote a wide range of wellbeing initiatives and other benefits which contribute towards employee morale, engagement and retention.
Please view the video to hear more about the programme.