|Health and safety plan and annexes
|The health and safety plan is an aide memoire for all managers and employees which documents on a month by month basis what all locations must do, as a minimum, with regards to health and safety.
Examples of things that are included are:
- To communicate CEMEX health and safety policy;
- Review risk assessments;
- Inspect the first aid boxes and carry out inspections around the site;
- Conduct a fire risk assessment; and
- Promote the near hit / hazard alert card system.
Two Health and Safety Plans exist, one for operational and technical locations and the other for sales and office environments. This takes into account the different working environments at the two locations. In the annexes, further information is also provided on such things as:
- Brake testing;
- Health and Safety Committees;
- Risk Assessment;
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health;
- Statutory inspections; and
The plan is made available to all personnel and is designed as a tool to engage both workers and management. The plan is part of an attempt to give the workforce ownership of safety and training on CEMEX sites.