|Improved communication of SHE matters
|As part of a behavioural SHE training programme Brett Group carried out a survey of the vast majority of its staff. It identified that there was a perceived shortfall in communication on SHE issues.
A group was formed from across the businesses to see how this could be improved. It was decided that the information should be collated in one place on site and that a monthly meeting should be held between the site supervisor and all plant staff so that information is communicated verbally.
Folders covering seven different topics have been placed in every location. These cover:
- Near Hits - to include site, area and business near hits
- SHE Report - a simplified copy of the monthly board report
- Statistics - graphs showing how the area and business are performing
- Alive & Well - to include any issues arising from behavioural SHE discussions
- SHE Alerts - including company and www.Safequarry.com incident alerts
- Improvement - an update on the area and business SHE improvement plans
- Other - for the site to add any specific issues or a tool box talk from the Brett intranet
This information is updated on a monthly basis.
The new format is popular with both employees and management and helps to keep ‘SHE’ uppermost in people’s minds.