|Haulier management system
|Staff in the weighbridge at Mountsorrel Quarry have incorporated a number of initiatives to ensure that drivers keep their vehicles in good condition, safety equipment is maintained, site rules are observed and risks are reduced wherever possible.
The following have been introduced as part of the Haulier management
- Lorry parking area for exclusive use by LGV vehicles.
- Dedicated sheeting, trimming and lorry body access platforms.
- EPIC/MPQC Drivers’ Skills Card training for every core fleet driver.
- Random inspections of vehicles on a routine basis.
- Checks on tax discs and trailer weights to ensure compliance with trading
- High corporate vehicle standards. Any vehicle found not to meet the minimum requirements is stood down, irrespective of the customer implications or delivery times. More ‘near hits’ are raised at Mountsorrel for vehicles
falling below standard than other Lafarge Aggregates sites.
- A speed camera system has been installed to reduce the impact of our vehicles at night, reduce the
environmental perception of our neighbours and reduce the risk of collisions with pedestrians.
- Vehicle interactive audits.
- Site PPE requirements displayed on a new pictograph sign at the quarry entrance.
- Provision of spare safety equipment such as sheeting straps and cameras.
These are issued by the weighbridge
at cost. The haulier then returns the item into stock or is charged, at his/her discretion.
The commitment from weighbridge staff to ensure that vehicles are fit for purpose and the reporting of near misses