|Improving fork-lift driver visibility
|Hanson UK has introduced a number of measures to improve safety for fork-lift truck drivers which include ;
• Specially designed long-drop forks which raise the carriage body significantly improve visibility
• The introduction of led lighting and a florescent flag for improved visibility
• Key pad ignition and disabling seat belt software for continuous driver controls
• A complete review of traffic managements systems with the objective of placing all pedestrians behind physical barriers.
• Forklift truck related incidents have fallen
• Raised awareness of forklift truck safety in our workplace
• The new specification could set an industry standard
• A complete rollout across the whole of the division is planned.