|Management of Change - ensuring both physical or administrative changes are risk assessed before implementation
Singleton Birch had experienced several incidents where changes made to plant or a process had led to potentially unsafe conditions.
A Management of Change Process was introduced. This was a structured process to ensure correct evaluation and management of risks to plant and personnel under change conditions.
All affected stakeholders are kept in the loop with any changes that are being managed. The process is to evaluate and properly manage any modifications to the design, control, or operations of our total process.
• Consistent reporting and recording of changes on the management system
• Underpins the future health and safety, reliability and integrity of the plant
• Ensures that no unintended hazards are introduced
• Risks are properly evaluated and minimized
• All systems and procedures are kept up to date in line with the change
• Health and safety is paramount in all changes to equipment and processes
• Personnel are kept informed in all the key steps of the change process.