|Automatic release agent spray-system for haulier’s vehicles
Significant hazards arise from drivers climbing into the bodies of HGV’s to remove coated material sticking to their floor.
Tarmac has designed and installed an automated release agent spray system on its coating plant at Hillwood. Spray bars under each of the four load-out bins are activated by a magic eye as a vehicle drives underneath them prior to being loaded. The amount of release agent sprayed into the truck body is determined by the time taken for the truck to pass the magic eye.
• All drivers now remain in their cabs - warm, dry and safe
• Risks from manual handling, slips/trips/falls and mobile plant movements reduced
• Contamination risks from the addition of uncoated sand or dust removed
• The time a haulier spends on site has been reduced
• Risk of material sticking to truck body is reduced