|Reducing Respirable Dust.
Francis Flower mills and grinds mineral powders. It reviewed its operation and identified the main sources of respirable dust, fumes and harmful skin contact. In consultation with staff, they focussed on improving five areas:
Bagging Burnt Lime - Bagging moved to ground level using an extended chute
Bagging operation - New dust extraction unit fitted
Tanker loading - Negative pressure system and new additive delivery system were installed
Fixed plant workshop - New extraction system to remove fumes and dust particles
Housekeeping Activities - A large industrial vacuum system for internal use and a tractor attachment to sweep the outside areas were purchased.
• Dramatic impact on the business and staff motivation
• Reduction of dust at source
• On-going and significant improvements working environment
• Reduced manual handling, working at height and risk of slips trips and falls
• Significant improvements in production efficiency
• Housekeeping standards improved beyond measure
• Maintenance improved leading to less plant downtime.