|Keeping our neighbours safe / prevention of trespass to quarries
Many of MPQ’s operational and mothballed quarry sites are adjacent to or in the vicinity of large urban areas. MPQ is aware of the traumatic effect for all involved of dealing with the tragic death or injury to a trespasser and subsequently, the experience of attending court, collecting evidence of inspections, repairs and holding of good neighbour liaison meetings.
MPQ decided to improve their site perimeter reporting/maintenance scheme. MQP’s security business partner, who carried out fence line inspection and affected minor repairs, was asked to develop an enhanced reporting system. A computer based data recording system was implemented with a storage and retrieval data base (IRS) that all responsible managers have access to.
The system further enhances the management of perimeter fencing. In the event of any incidents, the IRS is available at the touch of a button to provide any information required by Local Councillors, Liaison Committees, and Police etc. The system can also provide well documented evidence of MPQ’s management of this issue in court if required.
• Improved management of any damage to fencing
• Reduced risk of trespass
• Ability to comprehensively review all unit perimeters and risk rate them
• A secure, easily interrogated IRS (data base) of perimeter management and incidents
• Improved engagement with local neighbourhood liaison committees and enforcing bodies
• Peace of mind for statutory duty holders