|Contractors – Use of highly visible arm band to confirm induction
At Attenborough Quarry contractors are inducted on both CEMEX’s standards and site specific details. This includes CEMEX Worksafe, a 5 minute risk assessment, a Permit to Work issued taking into account Safe Systems of Work, Method Statements, Standard Operating Procedures etc. The overall competency of the contractors to complete the task is also discussed with them.
Following this induction, a highly visible arm band with a pocket is issued to each worker. As a minimum, the Worksafe and PTW are put inside its pocket with all the relevant H&S information clearly displayed on the outside. The individual is required to wear the arm band until the work is completed, inspected and the permits signed off. On site, all staff can clearly see that the contractor has been inducted and issued with the relevant paperwork.
• Clear indication that contractor(s) have been inducted
• Confirms all relevant permits in place
• Empowers anyone on-site to question contractors if procedures not being followed
• Relevant documentation carried by contractor during the task
• If relevant, details on individual’s medication can be included in the pocket.