|Lone working system for support service employees
Following a number of incidents both within the business and the wider community, lone working was banned and all ‘at risk’ workers had to be accompanied at all times. This policy remained in place for two years.While significantly reducing incidents, it was a costly system to operate and caused significant logistical problems within the operation.
To help address these issues, Reliance Technology were contacted and requested to supply a lone worker device. Following trials, over 100 employees received these devices and have been trained in their use. A number of further improvements were identified which included improved communication, response times, panic alarms, operation and ease of use. Supply chain partners have also been offered the system on a trial basis, with a view to adopting it.
Lone workers are now monitored as soon as they activate the device, 24/7, 365 days a year.
The introduction of the lone worker system has been widely accepted by employees and a number use them whilst away from work, particularly during leisure activities.
• A managed lone worker system with 24/7 coverage via manned monitoring
• Defined response levels to incidents
• Improved internal process covering Risk Assessments and
• Method Statements for support service staff
• Significant cost savings
• Confidence in employees when lone working
• Ease of use in charging, activation and operation plus a roving SIM card option
• Protection for supply chain partner employees
• Extended protection for employees beyond work.