There are a number of incidents on asphalt plants where asphalt has been dropped onto the cabs of lorry. This normally occurs because either the driver or plant operator are not fully aware of the position of the asphalt plant discharge door in relation to the body of the lorry.
Dolyhir Asphalt Plant has installed a light bar to assist drivers in the load out area. The light bar shines high power, blue LED lights at the side of the vehicle, this creates a line of light that indicates the front and back edges of the plant load out point. The drive and operator are able to confirm that the vehicle is correctly positioned before discharging the load. The addition of a convex mirror allows the driver to clearly see the lights on the side of the lorry.
- Significantly reduces risk of discharge on cab
- New system popular with drivers and plant operator
- Reduces time and effort to position smaller vehicles correctly
- Simple and cost effective solution – easy to install
- Could be replicated on other plants.