Contractor Banned From Shotfiring Duties
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
ACCIDENT / INCIDENT DETAILS
Further to a class “B” misfire on the site and following investigation, several anomalies were found with the documentation, the design of the shot, and the assembly of the components. The company involved has been suspended from any blasting operations across Hanson UK pending re-evaluation from an external body of their competence.
ACCIDENT / INCIDENT IMAGES
Click image to enlarge
LEARNING POINTS / ACTIONS TAKEN
1) Ensure all personnel involved with the shot are authourised and competent.
2) Ensure a regular audit of personnel, duties and responsibilities is carried out.
3) In the case of an external organisation carrying out the blast and design of a shot ensure they are adequately controlled / supervised.
3) Follow at all times Shotfiring rules and procedures (see example above available upon company Intranet site 13.8).
4) Risk Assessments and SWP’s to be created for retrieval of dets or materials visual on a shot from a misfire.
5) Ensure danger zones are created and Management controls followed at all times.
LEARNING POINTS / ACTIONS IMAGES
Go back to search critera