An articulated tipping trailer delivering materials to an A.I unit turned over in an area that was considered to be suitable for the activity.
Fortunately, no one was hurt, but the potential for a serious incident/fatality was very high.
• Ground slightly sloping
• Possible loading to one side.
ACCIDENT / INCIDENT IMAGES
Click image to enlarge
LEARNING POINTS / ACTIONS TAKEN
• Ensure that tipping takes place on firm, level ground.
• Exclusion zone must be maintained to protect pedestrians and vehicles.
• All tipping areas to be regularly inspected.
• Stockpiles and tips to be designed and activities carried out according to the design.
• Vehicle checks to be carried out, especially on body condition, tyres and condition of tipping
• Tipping rules.
• Full edge and side stockpile and tip protection to a minimum height of 1.5m.
• NO over edge tipping.
• Load trimming to be checked by drivers.
LEARNING POINTS / ACTIONS IMAGES
Go Back to Search Critera