Injuries sustained in two recent accidents were minimised due to the protection provided by suitable safety boots.
In one case an operators foot (as can be seen below) escaped with minimal injury despite a heavy concrete mould shifting during the casting process.
ACCIDENT / INCIDENT IMAGES
Click image to enlarge
LEARNING POINTS / ACTIONS TAKEN
• Appropriate safety footwear can help prevent accidents and minimise the severity of injuries that may occur in the workplace.
• Understand what type of safety footwear is appropriate for the tasks and activities you routinely undertake.
• The characteristics of the safety footwear must protect against identified hazards. Consider:
- Protection (Toe / Midsole / Metatarsal)
- Ankle Support
- Tread / Grip / Anti-static
- Substances / Environment
• Assess whether alternative safety footwear may be necessary for occasional tasks you undertake.
• Ensure safety boots are in good condition and are checked regularly.
• Always ensure that you wear suitable footwear that fits well.
LEARNING POINTS / ACTIONS IMAGES
Go Back to Search Critera