Safer By Sharing Conference Presentations
To help achieve Zero Harm, all employees and contractors need to be involved in sharing knowledge and experience as a contributor to developing and maintaining personal competence.
British Precast's Safety & Health Awareness Days (SHADs) are an effective means of sharing good practice and provide learning through practical demonstrations and formal presentations. 2 SHADs are held each year – one aimed at operatives on site, and the other at management and senior personnel.These enable members to gain new perspectives on a variety of topics. Guest speakers from the HSE, equipment manufacturers and hauliers are augmented by British Precast members sharing their own initiatives and developments.
For more information about the future programmes, please contact British Precast's David Squires - see dates below.
British Precast members are also invited to attend the Safer by Sharing mini-seminars run by the MPA.
For information about future programmes, please contact MPA’s Jane Blake (English Regions) or David Harding (Wales)
British Precast - SHAD
Safer by Sharing seminars in 2018:
Focus on the Management of Risk and Risk Assessment including;
- Relevant Legislation
- Hazards, Risks and Consequences
- Principles of Control
- Practical Exercise - Hazard Spotting
- The Hierarchy of Controls
- Practical Exercise - Risk Analysis
- Sharing of Best Practice
The seminars will dispell the myths around risk assessments and will explain,
in easy terms, how to approach them and how to carry out your own.
F M Conway are supporting the event with their in-house risk trainers.
The seminars are aimed at Purchasers, Managers, Engineers and Supervisors.
- MPA East Anglia - 15th May, Tattersalls, Newmarket
- MPA Midlands - 17th May, Swinfen Hall Hotel, Lichfield
- MPA S.West Region - 23rd May, Somerset Earth Science Centre, Shepton Mallet
- MPA Wales - 22nd June , Llyndir Hall , Nr Chester
- MPA South East - 25th September - Double Tree by Hilton, Victoria, London
- MPA North - 27th September, Middlethorpe Hall Hotel, York
- MPA Scotland - TBC