|Developing externally recognised in-house training
Breedon Aggregates have developed their own tailor made training course, the foundation of which is health and safety.
The starter course is based around 22 toolbox talks and involves participants in Q&A sessions. The talks are available in user friendly manuals. Following this course, candidates are assessed on-site on three separate occasions. Finally, they are subject to 25 random
questions on which they must achieve a minimum 80% score. Candidates can progress from this foundation course to a more task specific or foreman courses.
The courses have now been accredited by the Scottish Qualifications Authority and been recognised by the Construction
Skills Certification Scheme.
• A happier, safer and more competent workforce
• The training satisfies the MPA Safer by Competence directive for contractors
• Operatives have “bought in” to scheme – many achieving 100% scores
• Progressive and measurable programme of training in place
• Ability to carry out in-house accredited training